39th INTERNATIONAL LETTERING ARTS CONFERENCE
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Legacies III is seeking instructors for pre-conference Break-Out Mini classes & Tune-Up classes; evening demonstrations; 2.5 day and full week classes and evening lectures. If you are interested in teaching at Legacies III, apply NOW.
The Covid-19 pandemic has unfolded in a way that none of us could have imagined.
Plans for Legacies III have changed to a Virtual format.
ABOUT LEGACIES III
Discover, learn and create at Legacies, the 39th International Lettering Arts Conference! Traditionally, Legacies has been a week-long, residential gathering dedicated to the study of calligraphy and lettering arts, offering a variety of sessions for beginning, intermediate and advanced ability levels. Participants may choose from 2.5 or 5-day workshops, Break-Out Mini classes and 6 hour Tune-up classes.
However, the pandemic has steered our planning to accommodate our community as virtual online event. This means the duration of the conference will be shorter. Offering in-person classes is still a possibility at this time.
- Learn how to Sketchnote
- Learn traditional and contemporary calligraphic styles
- Improve handwriting
- Create journals, book and box structures
- Graphic design and layout
- Improve drawing and painting skills
- Try the newest tools for lettering
- Work with trade tools and mediums like ink, gouache, watercolor, acrylic, gold/metal leaf and digital on various surfaces such as paper, canvas, fabric, vellum and digital tablet
- Study the history and evolution of alphabet styles
Whether you are just learning, refining your lettering skills or exploring contemporary topics, the Legacies week is the ultimate experience for learning better lettering, and broadening your creative sense of design from the best instructors in the world! This conference is hosted by Texas Lettering Arts Council, a 501(c)3 non profit organization dedicated to promoting and preserving the Lettering Arts.